Friday, October 23, 2009

It goes on and on and on and....

My sweet Bubba is feeling bad again. It started last night with another fever. Although not as high as last week, I didn't like the fact that it had been less than a week since he had the flu. He's had a residual cough since then and I was praying that we weren't heading to pneumonia territory.

I took him to the doctor this morning despite him telling me how much better he felt. I've noticed that he gets very nervous about going to the doctor. I'm wondering if it started back in January when he had his appendix out. The surgeon didn't have a very good bedside manner and really hurt him when she took his drain out a few days after the surgery. After that experience, I can't blame him for being apprehensive.

The doctor heard some fluid in his lungs, but not enough to warrant an x-ray. She also did a flu test just to make sure it hadn't crept back in. That was negative. She put him on Zithromax while encouraging me he should be well on his way to recovered in a day or two. The sooner the better is all I can say, and I think Tristan would agree.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I can see why your son would be apprehensive. It's a shame that he had a bad experience at the doctor before. :0(

I hope he gets well very soon! I'll be sure and say a prayer for him.

Julia said...

Oh goodness. I was hoping you were at least done with this scourge. It does seem to linger. We are on day 12 with no near end in site too. Mike finally has dropped his fever as of tonight but I had 101 this morning. When it goes bad, it can really go bad.

I am glad you got some antibiotics for Bubba. I went in this morning to see if it was too late for me to get meds and while I had a cough for at least a week I just was tolerating it. Dr said I had bronchitis as well as flu...

But I know we will get better. It's just trying times to get stronger from.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From Twitter

    Every little thing I've been blogging about...

    1st Monday (1) 4th of July (1) about me page (1) actions (1) Animals (41) awards (1) babies (1) bakerella (1) Birthdays (6) Blog Hop (3) blog roll (1) bugs (1) canon t1i (6) Capitol Day (1) celebrities (2) Colon Cancer Alliance (1) cousins (2) Crafty (12) Creepy Crawly Things (5) D (1) dairy farm (1) Daybook (4) Demo Team (1) Digital Scrapbooking (2) DIY (1) Doktor Kaboom (2) Excuses (1) faith (12) family (4) Field Trips (4) FIF (1) Food (24) football (1) fossils (1) friends (6) Fun stuff (3) Funny Characters (4) Gardening (2) gifts (1) giveaways (2) goats (1) graduation (1) happy homemaker (33) Heroic Deeds (1) home ec (5) House (3) Hunting (1) i heart faces (9) iMac (1) Intro (1) jessica sprague card making (3) jessica sprague PSE lessons (9) karate (10) karate camp (1) Kids (49) kitchen (1) kittens (1) lightroom (1) LOTHF tour (2) maddy (3) memorial day (1) military support (1) Mom (1) Morgan (10) motorcycles (1) move (1) music (3) nature (4) near death experiences (1) new year's eve (1) pets (7) PhotoHunt (2) photowalk (1) politicians (1) random stuff (22) rec (1) Recipes (16) reunions (2) round robin (1) Scarborough Faire (3) Scenery (12) School (5) self (1) sewing (5) shoes (1) sickness (3) slow cooking thursday (2) Snapshots of a Saturday (16) snow (1) stellan (1) summer (2) summer fun list (3) Tawny (2) TCBC (1) test posts (2) Texas Chapter of the National Coalition for Public School Options (1) textures (1) Thanksgiving 09 (3) Tristan (6) Trixie (7) vacation (13) Waco adventures (8) Weather (6) wind farm (1) witty comebacks (1)
    MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP