Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blog Hop: Encouragement

The theme of this week's Blog Hop is Encouragement. I immediately thought of a previous post of mine that I hope was and can be an encouragement to my readers. Enjoy.

Not what I was expecting...
When I woke up today I was determined to be in a melancholy mood. The weather complied. It was sufficiently gloomy to match my disposition.
Ron didn't have to leave for work until late morning, so the kids and I were (attempting) to plug away at school when he left.
He wasn't gone long. I heard his boots on the laundry room tile and wondered what he forgot, and was he going to interrupt us. He came in and said probably the last thing I expected:
"There's a peacock in our driveway."
The girls and I jumped in the suburban to go check it out. I had brief thoughts of trying to catch it and keeping it as a pet. Of course, it wasn't going to have any of that and started to run away almost as soon we stopped the car.
But it's shimmery blue neck and graceful run gave me pause. "The Lord made that," I thought. Why should I waste any time dwelling on situations that I have no control over and why should I let worries, instead of praise, fill me? I have a loving Savior who made beautiful things for me to enjoy, who wants me to lay all those burdens at His feet.
So, instead of asking "Why?", I should be saying, "Thank you."

MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

Nicolasa said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing!

Shawna said...

What an awesome story (and terrific pictures!). Thanks for sharing. :)

~Sandy said...

Great post!!!! Thank you for sharing. You have a wonderful blog too:)

Michelle said...

I was blog hopping and found your post. Isn't it great the things God makes? Wow. There were deer in our pasture today. I ran out to keep them away from my hard-won garden.... They were cute, but maybe its time for a scarecrow?

Anonymous said...

Hi there farm friends! I liked the nice ending of the peacock post, and have had similar realizations of how kind the Savior is to each of us regardless of our sometimes limited perceptions of forseeable grandeur. For example, I've worked on this hay for sale website to help farmers sell their hay online, and people haven't been signing up yet, so I have to wait. Even patience is a gift from God, since, He grants every ounce of time we get, as well as, "every good gift."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From Twitter

    Every little thing I've been blogging about...

    1st Monday (1) 4th of July (1) about me page (1) actions (1) Animals (41) awards (1) babies (1) bakerella (1) Birthdays (6) Blog Hop (3) blog roll (1) bugs (1) canon t1i (6) Capitol Day (1) celebrities (2) Colon Cancer Alliance (1) cousins (2) Crafty (12) Creepy Crawly Things (5) D (1) dairy farm (1) Daybook (4) Demo Team (1) Digital Scrapbooking (2) DIY (1) Doktor Kaboom (2) Excuses (1) faith (12) family (4) Field Trips (4) FIF (1) Food (24) football (1) fossils (1) friends (6) Fun stuff (3) Funny Characters (4) Gardening (2) gifts (1) giveaways (2) goats (1) graduation (1) happy homemaker (33) Heroic Deeds (1) home ec (5) House (3) Hunting (1) i heart faces (9) iMac (1) Intro (1) jessica sprague card making (3) jessica sprague PSE lessons (9) karate (10) karate camp (1) Kids (49) kitchen (1) kittens (1) lightroom (1) LOTHF tour (2) maddy (3) memorial day (1) military support (1) Mom (1) Morgan (10) motorcycles (1) move (1) music (3) nature (4) near death experiences (1) new year's eve (1) pets (7) PhotoHunt (2) photowalk (1) politicians (1) random stuff (22) rec (1) Recipes (16) reunions (2) round robin (1) Scarborough Faire (3) Scenery (12) School (5) self (1) sewing (5) shoes (1) sickness (3) slow cooking thursday (2) Snapshots of a Saturday (16) snow (1) stellan (1) summer (2) summer fun list (3) Tawny (2) TCBC (1) test posts (2) Texas Chapter of the National Coalition for Public School Options (1) textures (1) Thanksgiving 09 (3) Tristan (6) Trixie (7) vacation (13) Waco adventures (8) Weather (6) wind farm (1) witty comebacks (1)
    MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP