Monday, May 17, 2010

Can I just say...

that it's been a rough couple of days? Friday was the fourth anniversary of my mom's passing, so the weekend didn't necessarily seem too promising anyway. But then my car was broken into Saturday night...window broken, purse stolen. It's a violation...and I was royally ticked off. But now I'm just sad. I mean, really...what kind of person so thoughtlessly steals such a personal belonging? As I stated on Facebook, we have much to be grateful for regardless of the loss. No one was hurt and except for the window, the car is fine. 

Today's had it's highs and lows. Fortunately, something vital I thought was taken was found, but dealing with governmental agencies never puts me in a good mood. I wasn't able to go to work because it was storming and my window is obviously missing, so I get to spend more time with my family.

At one of the lows this morning, Morgan brought me a gift she made for me in art class...


and so I'm reminded that although the thieves were able to rob me of some material possessions...they can't take away the love of my children, the beauty of a sunset, the feel of a kitten's fur, the joy of having a place where you belong, the gift of His grace and mercy...

Tomorrow's a new day, as the saying goes...and I intend to make the most of what really matters.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Melinda said...

How awful! But I'm so glad you shared it - it was a great reminder to me of Matt 6:20 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.." Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

From Twitter

    Every little thing I've been blogging about...

    1st Monday (1) 4th of July (1) about me page (1) actions (1) Animals (41) awards (1) babies (1) bakerella (1) Birthdays (6) Blog Hop (3) blog roll (1) bugs (1) canon t1i (6) Capitol Day (1) celebrities (2) Colon Cancer Alliance (1) cousins (2) Crafty (12) Creepy Crawly Things (5) D (1) dairy farm (1) Daybook (4) Demo Team (1) Digital Scrapbooking (2) DIY (1) Doktor Kaboom (2) Excuses (1) faith (12) family (4) Field Trips (4) FIF (1) Food (24) football (1) fossils (1) friends (6) Fun stuff (3) Funny Characters (4) Gardening (2) gifts (1) giveaways (2) goats (1) graduation (1) happy homemaker (33) Heroic Deeds (1) home ec (5) House (3) Hunting (1) i heart faces (9) iMac (1) Intro (1) jessica sprague card making (3) jessica sprague PSE lessons (9) karate (10) karate camp (1) Kids (49) kitchen (1) kittens (1) lightroom (1) LOTHF tour (2) maddy (3) memorial day (1) military support (1) Mom (1) Morgan (10) motorcycles (1) move (1) music (3) nature (4) near death experiences (1) new year's eve (1) pets (7) PhotoHunt (2) photowalk (1) politicians (1) random stuff (22) rec (1) Recipes (16) reunions (2) round robin (1) Scarborough Faire (3) Scenery (12) School (5) self (1) sewing (5) shoes (1) sickness (3) slow cooking thursday (2) Snapshots of a Saturday (16) snow (1) stellan (1) summer (2) summer fun list (3) Tawny (2) TCBC (1) test posts (2) Texas Chapter of the National Coalition for Public School Options (1) textures (1) Thanksgiving 09 (3) Tristan (6) Trixie (7) vacation (13) Waco adventures (8) Weather (6) wind farm (1) witty comebacks (1)
    MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

      © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP